Jan 4, 2008

More Information on Retin-A & Other Vitamin A Derivatives

From Julyne Derrick,
Your Guide to Beauty.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!I've gotten a slew of emails and positive responses to an earlier post on Retin-A and why I love it. To answer some more of your questions:

1. If you are getting a doctor's prescription, consider Renova or Retin-A Micro. These are formulations of Retin-A created to combat wrinkles. They are more moisturizing than Retin-A. I use Retin-A because I travel to Mexico and it's super cheap there.
2. Do not use any Vitamin A creams if you are breastfeeding, pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant while using Retin-A. Vitamin A is dangerous to unborn children and can be passed through breast milk.
3. If you live in a very sunny climate, consider that you really need to keep your face out of the sun.
4. There will be redness and peeling at first. This is normal. Breakouts and hives are not.
5. I do not know about other countries and if you can get it without a doctor's prescription. (Sorry!) I can tell you that in the U.S. you need a prescription. Yes, you can buy it online.

No comments: